Carassauga Festival of Cultures, now celebrating its 33rd anniversary, is inviting everyone from Ontario and beyond to the province’s largest multicultural festival.
More than 50 countries will be represented this year in 10 venues, filling hockey arenas, sports fields, community and cultural centres to celebrate their proud heritage. Carassauga is famous for its exotic foods, breathtaking performances and vibrant costumes and this year will be no exception. Held over three days, throughout the City of Mississauga, Carassauga boosts more than 338, 700 visits and over 6,000 volunteers, chefs, artisans and entertainers(local and international) for this multi venue world tour, right in our backyard.
The Festival will take place over the weekend of Friday May 25th – Sunday, May 27th at various community and cultural centres throughout Mississauga. The Opening Ceremony will be on Friday night at 7.30 pm at the Hershey Centre on the Outdoor Stage featuring a Parade of Nations, Special Guests & Musical Performances.
Carassauga Passports are $10.00 in advance and $12.00 at the door. Children 12 and under are FREE. A Passport entitles a visitor to unlimited entry into all Pavilions during Festival hours. Passports are sold in advance at various locations throughout Mississauga including City Libraries and online through http://www.carassauga.com.
Highlights for 2018:
- 32 Pavilions displaying the entertainment, music, food, fashion, art and history of over 50 countries are
- showcased in arenas, community centres and community halls throughout Mississauga.
- NEW Countries- Colombia, Ecuador, Jamaica, Kyrgyz Republic, Mexico, Peru and Trinidad & Tobago.
- Kids Zone, family fun for kids of all ages is featured on the Indoor Soccer Field at the Hershey SportZone.
- Ride Free with your Carassauga Passport on MiWay or Carassauga shuttle buses during the festival hours between all Pavilion locations, connecting Hershey Centre and Square One Terminal.
- Free Parking available at all Pavilion locations, with extra overflow parking at Hershey Centre.
Be a part of the 33rd Anniversary Celebration!