Christmas is all about celebrating with loved ones! Dazzle your Christmas dinner with a stunning vegetarian cake to make the meal a sweet, memorable one!. Pies, cupcakes, and cookies are all great options for dessert, but nothing is quite as sophisticated and extravagant as a gorgeous homemade cake!
Traditional Christmas fruit cake is a yummy treat made by soaking dried fruits and nuts in rum or wine and mixing with fragrant spices in a simple from-scratch batter. To make the eggless version, use a blend of whole wheat flour (atta) and all-purpose flour (maida). This helps to create a wonderfully tender and fluffy cake every time!
- 3/4 Cup All Purpose Flour
- 1/2 Teaspoon Baking Soda
- 1/4 Teaspoon Baking Powder
- 1/4 Teaspoon Salt
- 3/4 Cup Light Brown Sugar
- 3 Cups Chopped Dried Fruits (Any Combination)
- 3 Cups Chopped Nuts (Any Nuts)
- 3/4 Cup Applesauce (Instead Of 3 Eggs)
- 1/4 Cup Water
- 1 Teaspoon Vanilla Extract
- 5 To 10 Drops Tea Masala Extract (Optional)
- Preheat the oven at 375F for 15 minutes.
- Grease and dust a 13×9 inch pan with little flour.
- In a large bowl whisk together all purpose flour, baking soda, baking powder, salt and light brown sugar.
- Also add the chopped dried fruits and nuts of your choice. Make sure that the dried fruits are not lumped together. Use your fingers mix it thoroughly.
- In a liquid measuring mug, measure 3/4th cup of applesauce. Add the vanilla extract, 1/4 cup water and tea masala extract (if using). Whisk it nicely.
- Add the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and mix it well. Since it’s a lot of dried fruits and nuts, chances are the flour mixture in the bottom may not be combined well.
- Spread the batter into the prepared pan and use a spatula to evenly press it.
- Bake for the 30 minutes at 375F.
- Once out of the oven, leave the pan on a wire rack and let it cool completely before making slices.
Enjoy! Happy Baking! Merry Christmas!