ROM (Royal Ontario Museum) invites families to celebrate Family Day weekend at the Museum. With an extended schedule spanning Saturday, February 19 to Monday, February 21, visitors with general admission tickets will be able to enjoy free activities throughout the Museum and galleries, including the Patrick and Barbara Keenan Family Gallery of Hands-on Biodiversity. Visitors coming from around the province can also take advantage of a new, limited-time Distance Discount, which gives Ontarians living in postal codes starting with the letter L a 20% discount, starting with the letters N and K a 30% discount and starting with the letter P a 40% discount.
- Lunar New Year: Explore the meaning and importance behind a widely celebrated holiday across Asia.
- Writing: Learn more about the role of writing systems around the world and how it informs present-day research.
- Solar System: Understand how our solar system works and how Earth began.
- Dinosaurs: Immerse yourself in a fascinating journey of evolution and learn how far life has come.
- Earth Rangers Studio: Explore the science and creativity behind paleoart through illustrations that bring the past to life.
- Game Zone: Check out the Mancala Discovery Box and the Vikings Discovery Box in the Game Zone.
The activity stations will be open daily from 10:30 am to 4:30 pm, with extended hours for the Family Day weekend.
Where: Explore the Museum to find amazing activations in galleries around ROM–always an adventure! Find out more at our welcome desk, located at the Gloria Chen Court on the first floor of the Museum.