Raw mango, a fruit available in the summer can be used not only to make pickles and chutneys, but also for some amazing drinks as well.
Raw mango shot is a sweet, sour drink with a tinge of spicy taste. It can be made at home with minimal ingredients, in a variety of combinations like raw mango with sugar, lemon, ginger, salt and mint. It can also be combined with cucumber, honey, soda, aerated drinks, fresh fruit pulp /puree and apple cider as well. It provide essential vitamins, minerals and antioxidants which help us in weight loss, detox, restore and refresh us.
• Mango : 1 cut into pieces
• Mint leaves : a few
• Ginger : 2 to 3 pieces
• Cumin powder : 1/2 tsp
• Black salt : As needed
• Lemon juice : 1/2 a lemon squeeze
• Crystal sugar : 2 tbsp
• Water : As needed
• Salt : 1/2 tsp
• Chilli powder : 1/2 tsp
• Take a raw mango, peel it off and cut it into small pieces.
• To a mixie jar, add the mango pieces, to enhance the flavour, add a few mint leaves and 2 to 3 ginger pieces.
• Add 1/2 tsp of roasted cumin seeds powder and black salt needed.
• Squeeze 1/2 a lemon and add crystal sugar or normal sugar.
• Grind them all into a fine paste, take 1/2 a tsp of salt and chilli powder each mix to decorate the shot glass.
• Take a shot glass, rub some lemon juice, and dip it in the salt and chilli powder mixture.
• Add ice cubes as needed to a glass and add the mango shot glass as well.
• Add water, soda or sprite anything of our choice.
• Add some mint leaves and the mango shot is ready.