The City of Brampton, in partnership with the Brampton Horticultural Society, welcomes the community back to an in-person Seedy Saturday this March.
Each year, Seedy Saturday kicks off the spring gardening season. The free, family friendly event offers a place where residents can learn about gardening and horticulture, swap seeds and hear from experts. All gardeners, new and experienced are welcome. Children’s programing will also be available.
This year’s lineup of speakers includes:
- Sean James on Talk Dirty: Soil and the Things Living In It
- Lorraine Johnson on Gardens for Pollinating Insects: Friend not Foes
- Ken Brown on Growing Plants from Seeds
- James Graham on Great Tips on Growing Great Vegetables
Join these speakers and many more vendors at Century Gardens Recreation Centre.
Save the Date
March 11, 10 am – 3 pm
Century Gardens Recreation Centre
340 Vodden St E
For further details, visit www.brampton.ca/seedysaturday
“This is about so much more than gardening. It’s about building a greener, more connected community focused on sustainability. Gardening is an outlet for so many and we hope to see you at Seedy Saturday, whether you’re just getting started or are getting ready for another growing season.”
– Patrick Brown, Mayor, City of Brampton